In this webinar, we welcomed Jenny Leibham, Founder of Nature Play Lifestyle. Jenny dove into the key role observations plays in the classroom, including the importance it has in building connections between children, educators, and the curriculum. Jenny also shared techniques educators can use to help slow the classroom down and capture learning in action.
🎤Our Special Guest:
Jenny Leibham, Founder of Nature Play Lifestyle
Jenny has been exploring nature her whole life. She is a born naturalist with a true passion for connecting children to nature and supporting their development. Her journey as an educator has led her to amazing people, inspiring places, and a deepening sense of self throughout it all. She has been a nature-based educator for 10 plus years, working with children and families in supporting a nature connection. She also provides professional development to other nature-based teachers. She has a special love of play and spontaneity in teaching, as well as a personal joy of jumping in puddles! Her goal as an educator is to listen deeply to children, inspire connection to nature and help guide them through hands-on learning.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Jenny
- What is Observation? It is a space to look deeper at interactions in our classrooms and see learning in action.
- Observations help us go deeper into concepts that children are interested in.
- Observations tell a story of how play is learning.
- Observations are guides to helping scaffold learning by meeting the children where they are at.
- It’s a key player in helping aid educators in discovering how we can make learning fun.
- [Webinar] – Assessments & Observations: Using Pearson
- [Podcast] – The Benefits of Outdoor Play with Children
- [Blog] – The Importance of Observation in Early Childhood Education (With Free Ebook)
- Connect with Jenny and check out her website: Nature Play Lifestyle
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording & 🎓 Certificate
To get the recording, slides, and certificate sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Hi I’m so glad to see what you are doing be blessed and I’m looking forward to learn more from you.