In this session, we were joined by HiMama’s very own Janielle Loken, Product Manager, and special guests Charlotte Jackson and Megan Llorente. We talked about the parent experience in child care, what billing and payment collections have to do with it, and some simple ways educators can be more parent-focused in how they run their businesses and their classrooms. In addition to what we heard from other leaders in early childhood education, they shared some actionable ideas for using the HiMama app to create a better parent experience.
🎤Our Special Guests!
Janielle Loken, Product Manager At HiMama
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Janielle
- We created this app to make it easy for you to communicate with your families in a way that’s convenient for them and happens in the place where they’re getting all the other information they need to manage their busy lives.
- Every single touchpoint you have with your families matters. Every single place and time a parent comes into contact with you, or your center, or your brand (whether you are an owner or an educator) is going to color their feelings about the child care you offer.
- That’s why payment is one of the crucial ways that centers are using HiMama to create a super positive parent experience. Along with sharing information directly and keeping parents in the loop about what’s happening in the wider community around a center, educators can really take a family-first approach by designing the tuition payment process to fit the lives of today’s parents.
Charlotte Jackson, Owner of Teachable Moments Early Learning Center
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Charlotte
- To build trust you have to communicate, and HiMama really filled a gap that I had.
- When I had to think about my business and getting it going again, and the rules of no paper with COVID, I knew I needed to look into an app and that it would help me get back on track.
- I picked HiMama because organically it felt right and it was a good fit for me.
- My parents didn’t have to experience any “shock and awe” as we reopened — all my families came back and HiMama helped my parents connect with the educators.
Megan Llorente, Co-Owner of Dharma Kids Center
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Megan
- I knew things were outdated and I was having conversations with families about payments and this is where HiMama was so helpful for me. I always wanted an all in one system and this is why I picked HiMama.
- It’s so important to celebrate what the educators are doing and supporting the classroom. We have a saying at our center, “When our teachers are happy, the children are happy, and when the children are happy the families are happy, and when the families are happy, the directors are happy!” We are very much teacher focused because we know it trickles down from there. The children are the most important part and the educators make that experience.
- Using HiMama to showcase what the children are up to how the educators are supporting them.
- When we started with HiMama we started by getting the educators set up and comfortable and then of course the families and getting them set up for success.
- We started to slowly transition into the billing feature. I knew it took me 10 plus hours a month for paperwork and collections conversations, so I knew that I wanted a point where we were using the HiMama App for payments.This way we could spend the time having those important conversations and supporting the children. Now I’m down to 1-2 hours a month on this part of my job
- [Blog Post] – Tips to Help You Maximize Tuition Dollars While Staying Sensitive to Families
- [Webinar] – Technology in the Early Education Space
- [Blog Post] – 5 Ways to Use Technology in a Preschool Classroom
- [Blog Post] – Ways to Make Your Customers’ Parent Friends Jealous
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording & 🎓 Certificate
Click below to get the slides, certificate and recording sent right to your inbox!
⭐Connect with us!
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!