In this webinar, we welcomed Ron Spreeuwenberg, CEO and Co-Founder of HiMama. Ron shared his story with us on how HiMama came to be and dove into some key insights on bringing technology to the classroom. Ron also touched on ways to advocate for childcare while making a positive impact and gave his thoughts on the future of childcare.
🎤Our Special Guest:
Ron Spreeuwenberg Co-Founders and CEO of HiMama
After years of consulting for major companies across several continents, Ron has shifted his energy to focus on a mission that he truly believes in, constantly being inspired by the smiles of parents. Ron has over ten years of experience helping companies to improve their operations through technology and strives to do the same for childcare and early learning programs everywhere. Ron holds a Bachelor of Applied Science in Chemical Engineering from the University of Waterloo and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Ron
- Why technology? Make sure that when you are thinking of getting more technology for your center or your classroom, that you are thinking through why.
- Use the 5 whys. When you can simply answer those questions then you have a better understanding of what you’re trying to solve and what you are actually looking for.
- Remember the problem you are trying to solve? What is the ultimate problem? We all know it’s to positively impact children’s well-being and development.
- Think of technology as an investment, it will take time to make a change.
- Do not focus on technology that has the most features, it doesn’t necessarily mean better. It does mean more complexity, training, and more things to go wrong. Start simple!
- Do not focus on the cheapest technology. The old saying is true, you get what you pay for.
- Do not focus on technology that only benefits you and seriously think about each stakeholder. Happy Parents= Happy Educators, Happy Educators = Happy directors.
- Think big!!
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!