In this webinar, we welcomed Lyndsey Hellyn & Stephanie Bennett Co-Founders, The Curiosity Approach. Lyndsey and Stephanie talked about how educators around the world can adapt their approach to be more modern and be more thoughtful about their educational practices. Educators can do this through technology, curiosity, transforming environments and loose parts play!
🎤Our Special Guest:
Lyndsey Hellyn and Stephanie Bennett are the co-founders of The Curiosity Approach, alongside being the Directors of Early Childhood Centres in Birmingham, U.K. Drawing upon their 50+ years of joint experience working in the sector, The Curiosity Approach is the pedagogy or the “ingredients” used within their own provisions and practice serving thousands of children and their families before becoming a global phenomenon.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Lyndsey and Stephanie
- Babies are born active learners, with a natural curiosity to figure out how the world works. Their eagerness to explore and discover.
- To truly evaluate the importance of understanding child development and the true unfolding child. It’s a deep meaningful commitment from a mindful team of passionate educators to place CHILDREN, provision, and practice at the center of everything we do.
- We should fill our environments with neutral tones, soft furnishings, and comfy spaces for children to feel safe, relax or retreat. A haven of safety that is an ‘extension of the home and not a watered-down version of school.
- Through the use of authentic resources, we also prevent the gender divide of pink and blue toys and we offer opportunities for children to play unrestricted, opening up a world of possibilities to play that would have previously and subconsciously limited play for both genders. Gender diversity is therefore reinforced and encouraged and ensures the quality of experiences for all.
- Once we understand our why, we are able to clearly articulate what makes us feel fulfilled and drives our behavior to achieve more and make a difference for the children we serve.
Connect with Lyndsey and Stephanie
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!