In this webinar, Dr. Valora Washington, Ph.D., CAE, The CAYL Institute. Valora talked about Generation Alpha, the group of children born between 2010- 2025 that will live and interact with many more generation cohorts than generations of the past. She got into ways they will be raised in smaller, constantly evolving families, and as learners, they are digital natives, tech-savvy, globally-connected, and diverse.
🎤Our Special Guest:
Dr. Valora Washington, PhD, CAE, The CAYL Institute
Dr. Valora Washington is an internationally recognized authority in early childhood education. She is known for conceptualizing, leading, and executing significant change initiatives impacting policy, programs, and practice in higher education, philanthropy, and national nonprofits as well as in local, state, and federal government programs.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Valora
- We face essential truths as early childhood educators.
- Today’s children are diverse, tech immersed, family fluid, globally connected, and adult transformed.
- We are the architects of change.
- To support the alpha generation, we need to realize the vision.
- We notice and move from opportunity to equity.
- [Podcast] – Advancing Professional Growth with the CDA Credential
- [Blog] – Standing up to Stereotypes in Our Classrooms
Connect with Valora
- [Website] – The CAYL Institute
- [Book] – Changing the Game for Generation Alpha: Teaching and Raising Young Children in the 21st Century
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!