In this webinar we were joined by Dr. Donna Housman and Emily Stone from The Housman Institute! Dr. Housman and Emily joined us for an interactive webinar all about how educators can lay the foundation for high emotional intelligence from birth, which will help children grow with a strong sense of emotional well-being. They shared expert insights on how children develop within the context of relationships with key adults in their lives, and how these key adults can manage, guide and support children in building the critical skill of emotional intelligence. This is the first in a 3 part series that you do not want to miss! Keep reading to watch the recording and download the slides!
🎤Our Special Guest:
Dr. Donna Housman, Ed.D is the founder and CEO of Housman Institute, which conducts research on emotional intelligence in young children and develops high-quality programs to train early childhood educators. Dr. Housman has over thirty-five years of experience as a psychologist in the field of child development and early childhood education.
Emily Stone – Manager of Curriculum & Coaching at Housman Institute
Emily worked at Housman Institute’s lab school for five years. She began her work teaching preschool and Pre-K and went through years of training from Dr. Donna Housman in the begin to ECSEL program. Emily became the Program Manager where she then trained and coached teachers in their classroom implementation of begin to ECSEL language, tools, and techniques, as well as in their ECSEL-integrated emergent curriculum. Emily’s passion for the program led her to join Housman Institute full time as a Content and Curriculum Development Specialist & Coach. She is now the Manager of Curriculum & Coaching where she writes and oversees content created for the institute’s programs.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Dr. Housman & Emily!
- 90% of the brain is developed before pre-k. Experiences and interactions during this time inform and shape the brain architecture for life.
- The COVID generation of children are experiencing delays in walking, talking and interacting. We as early childhood professionals can steer them back on course. By strengthening their emotional skills we can strengthen their cognition.
- Emotions are the first language a child develops. The best way for a child to develop their emotional intelligence is through responsive, engaged and safe relationships with their primary caregivers.
- The four quadrants of emotional intelligence are; recognition & identification, emotional understanding, emotional expression and emotional regulation.
- The four quadrants all come together to build a high emotional intelligence. Positive and responsive relationships are central to fostering development in the four quadrants and ultimately building high emotional intelligence.
- [Website] – Housman Institute
- [Instagram] – @housman_institute
- [Webinar] – The power of emotional intelligence for early childhood educators
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Professional development made easy with HiMama Academy
HiMama Academy is a new self-paced, online professional development platform designed to elevate early childhood educators through a wide range of engaging, high-quality training courses.
Click this link HERE to get unlimited access to our library of IACET certified training courses and all HiMama Helps Webinars (with certificates!)