In this webinar we welcomed Dr. Cara Goodwin, licensed psychologist and founder of Parenting Translator! Dr. Goodwin shared what the top factors are that make a high quality childcare facility and how these factors can enhance cognitive, academic and social functioning in young children. Through research based practices, Dr. Goodwin teaches us how to create a space for optimal child development and create a “positive caring environment” in our classrooms. You do not want to miss out on this webinar!
🎤Our Special Guests:
Dr. Cara Goodwin, Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Founder of Parenting Translator!
Dr. Cara Goodwin, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist and a mother to three children. She specializes in child development and has spent years researching child psychology and neuroscience and providing therapy and clinical services for children of all ages. She also recently wrote a children’s book titled “What to Do When You Feel Like Hitting” which gives children evidence-based strategies to use when they are dysregulated. Dr. Goodwin translates recent scientific research into information that is helpful, relevant, and accurate for parents and caregivers through her Instagram account @parentingtranslator and her website: www.ParentingTranslator.com.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Dr. Cara Goodwin
- Higher quality care is associated with enhanced language development, higher IQ and advanced social-emotional skills.
- Adult to child ratio is important. Research has found that more adults caring for children, the better the developmental outcomes.
- A positive caregiving environment means being warm, responsive, positive, and encouraging of children’s development and is linked to better outcomes in children.
- Children in high quality care facilities are more likely to attend college, have better grades and have fewer behavioural problems.
- Important, high quality care is critical but it is not everything. Family factors have 2-3 times the impact on children as child care.
- [Website] – Parenting Translator!
- [Instagram] –@parentingtranslator
- [Webinar] – What to do when you feel like hitting: ways to address aggression
- [Handout] – Positive Caregiving Checklist
- [E-Book] – What to do when you feel like hitting: A no hitting book for toddlers
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!