In this webinar we were joined by Dr. Donna Housman and Emily Stone! Donna and Emily joined us for a conversation on the power of emotional intelligence for early childhood educators. They shared strategies for how we can understand and manage our own emotions, as well as those of others, so we can problem solve, think critically and navigate difficult situations. They examine how emotional intelligence will help educators to develop a positive sense of self and high levels of empathy, both of which will support their overall mental health and their ability to guide challenging situations in the classroom. You do not want to miss this webinar!
🎤Our Special Guests:
Dr. Donna Housman – Founder and CEO of Housman Institute!
Dr. Donna Housman, Ed.D has over thirty-five years’ experience as a psychologist in the field of child development and early childhood education. She founded Housman Institute and its lab school, Beginnings Child Development Center, based on emotional foundations of learning and cognition.Dr. Housman is the creator of Housman Institute’s flagship program, the evidence-based emotional, cognitive, and social early learning program, begin to ECSEL™.
Emily Stone – Manager of Curriculum and Coaching at Housman Institute
Emily is the manager of Curriculum and Coaching at Housman Institute where she supervises the development of content for Housman Institute’s programs and supports the implementation of begin to ECSEL in school systems with teachers, administration teams and site leaders, and families.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Donna and Emily!
- 60% of early childhood educators and caregivers felt the pandemic negatively impacted their mental health and burnout rose from 25% to 75%
- Stress is our bodies response to an overwhelming circumstance, burnout is emotional, physical and mental exhaustion
- When our emotions are not managed our thinking is impaired, and children need safe, stable and nurturing relationships to promote resiliency
- There are 6 levels of emotional awareness; awareness, acknowledgement, identification, acceptance, reflection and forecasting.
- Self-reflection, reflective journaling, physiological regulation, mindfulness and self-care all all stress management techniques
- Professional development and training are key to educators developing emotional intelligence
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!