In this webinar we welcomed Jane Ann Benson, early childhood coach and founder of Early Childhood Ally. Jane Ann spoke to us about the importance of consistent appreciation and acknowledgement of the meaningful and challenging work our educators do each day. Ensuring educators feel recognized will increase their positivity at work and support in staff retention. Jane Ann shared actionable strategies on how we can help our staff find their inner motivation again and decrease burnout and turnover.
🎤Our Special Guests:
Jane Ann Benson, early childhood coach and founder of early childhood ally!
Jane Ann Benson is the founder of Early Childhood Ally (ECA) and has been in the field for 40 years as a teacher, coach, mentor and director. Jane has spent over 20 years at Grand Rapids Community College leading and directing the Early Childhood Learning Laboratory, an accredited, star rated program in the heart of Grand Rapids, Michigan. She transitioned to semi-retirement (2020) and is loving working as the Lead Coach for their Play and Learn grant. Jane coaches and mentors a handful of Leaders and started the Early Childhood Ally Instagram page just over two years ago. As a long time advocate of all issues impacting the field of early childhood Jane is eager to have more time to devote to her passion.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Jane Ann Benson
- Research shows that there are four factors of motivation, leadership style, the reward system, the organizational climate, and the structure of work.
- Leadership style impacts motivation, and 67 % of employed Americans would put energy into their work if they were recognized more often
- Positive genuine feedback is a low to no cost idea to support your staff (sticky notes, shout outs)
- Building community through team events is critical to positive culture
- Make sure you prioritize yourself with rest and self-gratitude for all your hard work!
- [Website] – Early Childhood Ally
- [Instagram] – @earlychildhoodally
- [Podcast] – How to advocate as an individual for the field of early childhood education
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!