In this webinar we were joined by Shira Leibowitz, PhD, CEO and Founder of Discovery Village Center! Dr. Leibowitz joined us to explore ideas for redesigning education and the impact of purpose-driven leadership. Dr. Leibowitz shared strategies for how early childhood leaders can use purpose-driven leadership to deepen their purpose, create a clear vision for their center, and increase their profit. With the recent release of her new book Havens of Hope: Ideas for Redesigning Education from the COVID-19 Pandemic, we also heard stories of resilience, creativity and growth from educators across the country featured in Havens of Hope, and discussed its deep question: Could this be the beginning of a new approach to child care? Keep reading to access the slides and the recording!
🎤Our Special Guest:
Dr. Shira Leibowitz – CEO & Founder of Discovery Village Center!
Dr. Shira Leibowitz is founder and CEO of Discovery Village Childcare Center and Preschool and of REVABILITIES™ Coaching and Training Center. She is also a member of the faculty at Northeastern University, teaching and advising doctoral students in education. Prior to opening Discovery Village and REVABIILITIES™, Dr. Leibowitz served for twenty years as a principal of pre-kindergarten through eighth grade schools. She is author of The Coach Approach To School Leadership: Leading Teachers To Higher Levels of Effectiveness and Havens of Hope: Ideas for Redesigning Education From The COVID-19 Pandemic.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Dr. Leibowitz!
- Purpose-driven leadership is the most meaningful path to enhance quality and increase profitability at your center.
- Your purpose is your core value and is the key to a clear vision and increased profitability. Your purpose should be one word (or a few if you must).
- Your vision is the “what”, your mission is the “how” and your purpose is the “why”.
- Having a clear vision, that is implemented skillfully through your mission and is grounded in your purpose is the path to designing a stand out center.
- Purpose-driven leadership makes competition with other programs irrelevant because you’re standing out by what you stand for.
- Early childhood leaders that are grounded in purpose, create centers and programs that thrive.
- [Website] – Discovery Village Center!
- [Website] – Revabilities!
- [Instagram] – @shiraleibowitz
- [Facebook Group] – Stand Out Educational Leadership
- [Twitter] – @shiraleibowitz
- [Linkedin] – Shira Leibowitz, Ph.D
- [TikTok] – @shiraleibowitz
- [Free Book Club] – Havens of Hope: Ideas For Redesigning Education From The Covid-19 Pandemic
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Professional development made easy with HiMama Academy
HiMama Academy is a new self-paced, online professional development platform designed to elevate early childhood educators through a wide range of engaging, high-quality training courses.
Click this link HERE to get unlimited access to our library of IACET certified training courses and all HiMama Helps Webinars (with certificates!)