In this webinar we welcomed two amazing childcare directors, Dorie Heffron and Amanda Shroyer! Dorie and Amanda joined us for a panel discussion on why they decided to make the change from pen and paper communication to digital communication at their center. In an engaging conversation we learned tips and strategies for successfully transitioning to digital communication, supporting any tech hesitant staff and improving the quality of parent communication! Do not miss this webinar where you can learn directly from your peers and get some of your burning questions answered!
🎤Our Special Guests:
Dorie Heffron from ABC Academy – Beach!
Dorie Heffron is a registered early childhood educator from Toronto Ontario. She has been in the field for 27 years. For the past 10 years she has worked for ABC Academy Beach as the centre director. Dorie’s centre has used HiMama for the the past 3 years. Her favourite feature is being able to send documentation to families. As a parent herself, she knows how much families appreciate being able to stay connected with the program.
Amanda Shroyer from Muddy Feet Early Learning Center
Amanda has worked in the early childhood field for over twenty years, and is currently the administrator of Muddy Feet Early Learning. She’s a wife, a bonus mom, a paint hoarder, a cat caretaker, and a mess maker. She’s currently laying the groundwork for the Early Childhood Revival, an online community for educators to act as champions for one another as we all fearlessly travel our teacher path. Her dream job is to travel the country and revitalize childcare centers the way Gordon Ramsey helps restaurant owners.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Dorie and Amanda!
- Make sure you take the time to communicate the why behind the change, so all staff are on board and can work together towards a common goal
- Have an open-door policy for staff learning the ropes and reassure them that mistakes are okay as they learn
- Start with a group training session and then move forward on an as needed basis
- Let each educator learn at their own pace
- If you are working with HiMama, leverage their dedicated onboarding specialists who are here to hold your hand and make sure you have a successful transition!
- Parent communication has improved immensely. Parents feel more trust in the educators when they can see the work, and educators feel more recognized for their efforts.
- [Case Study] – Overcoming staff hesitation with open communication: HiMama at Windcrest Day School
- [Case Study] – How to support hesitant staff during your transition to a childcare management app
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!