In this webinar we were welcomed by Susan MacDonald, speaker, author, coach and founder of Inspiring New Perspectives. Susan joined us to discuss strength-based communication strategies that you can use to improve communication with your staff. Susan highlighted key communication strategies and techniques, including: appreciative inquiry (AI) as a model to support collaboration, reflective practices that add depth to professional conversations, and powerful questions as the foundation for meaningful dialogues. Keep reading to access the recording and resource guides!
Please note: the slides in this webinar are intellectual property of Inspiring New Perspectives and we will not be releasing them below.
🎤Our Special Guests:
Susan MacDonald – Founder of Inspiring New Perspectives!
Susan MacDonald is passionate about inspiring positive change in the early childhood field. Her expertise is reflected in her professional speaking, coaching and her books, Inspiring Early Childhood Leadership and Inspiring Professional Growth. Susan is the founder of Inspiring New Perspectives, a consultancy focused on empowering educators and school leaders to create programs that deeply respect and nurture the possibilities that lie within each child, parent and teacher. Her background includes director of a Reggio inspired preschool program, and a Commonwealth of Massachusetts licensing supervisor. Susan holds a Master’s degree in Instructional Design.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Susan!
- Relationships and a positive classroom culture matter! When we reflect positive and caring relationships in the classroom, it can prevent or reverse the effects of stress in the early years.
- Social wellbeing at work is vital to building resilient and thriving teams. People can withstand enormous uncertainty and suffering if they are part of a team that looks out for each other.
- Healthy and positive organizational climates are characterized by: high energy, openness, trust and shared vision.
- Children and adults achieve their full potential when they are in the context of relationships that are based on trust and respect.
- The fundamental skills for positive communication are: listening, acknowledging and validating, asking empowering questions, inspiring and raising consciousness.
- 55 percent of our communication is body language.
- [Website] – Inspiring New Perspectives
- [Facebook] – Inspiring New Perspectives
- [LinkedIn] – Susan MacDonald
- [Twitter] – @inspiringnew
- [Book] – Inspiring professional growth
- [Book] – Inspiring early childhood leadership
- [Resource Guide] – Strength based communication skills to build
- [Online courses] – Early childhood professional development
- [Leadership retreat in Italy] – International Study Tours
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Professional development made easy with HiMama Academy
HiMama Academy is a new self-paced, online professional development platform designed to elevate early childhood educators through a wide range of engaging, high-quality training courses.
Click this link HERE to get unlimited access to our library of IACET certified training courses and all HiMama Helps Webinars (with certificates!)