In this webinar we were joined by Gigi Schweikert, CEO of Lightbridge Academy! Gigi joined us to share her expert tips on how to provide high-quality childcare at your center that will entice families to stay with you long term! She shared her learnings on the impact that well-organized family events can have on a parents impression of your center, how to form strong relationships between teachers and parents, and the top parent communication strategies you need to know for back to school season. She also shared engaging take home activities and educational content that you can share with families so they can keep the learning going at home! Keep reading to download the recording and slides!
🎤Our Special Guest:
Gigi Schweikert- CEO of Lightbridge Academy!
Gigi Schweikert serves as CEO of Lightbridge Academy, a NJ founded, educational childcare franchise company where she is responsible for all aspects of the company’s strategy, leadership, governance, and operations. The franchise system has expanded to cover seven states and over the next five years, Gigi is preparing to triple the company size by accelerating growth throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond. Her advocacy work extends both nationally and internationally and includes serving as a board member for the Early Care & Education Consortium, an advisory board member for Marco Polo World School and Seton Hall University. Gigi is an international thought leader advancing the quality of early education and childcare with 18 published books, in three languages, she has appeared on CBS, NBC, Fox, and the Wall Street Journal Lunch Hour News and quoted in The New Times, Entrepreneur, and Forbes. She is proud of her greatest accomplishment; being mother to her four beautiful children.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Gigi!
- Increasing family engagement at your center means partnering with families, and not giving up on them.
- It is important we see and understand parents as the experts on their child and that we bring their voice into the center through parent feedback surveys and polls.
- When we view parents as experts, evaluators and advisors for our center, they will become promoters and long lasting clients.
- Forming personal connections with each family is critical. Always know and call them by their name. Make sure they know, you love and care for their child.
- Care for the parents at your center. Try not to judge the, know them as a distinct personality to their child, give them the benefit of the doubt, and always listen to them (even when they are angry).
- Work to know what your families are thinking. Ask them questions, put out surveys, have a parent board, conduct family/teacher conversations, call families after they leave.
- [Website] – Lightbridge Academy!
- [Instagram] – @lightbridgeacademy
- [Podcast] – Providing high quality childcare for parents and children
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Professional development made easy with HiMama Academy
HiMama Academy is a new self-paced, online professional development platform designed to elevate early childhood educators through a wide range of engaging, high-quality training courses.
Click this link HERE to get unlimited access to our library of IACET certified training courses and all HiMama Helps Webinars (with certificates!)