In this webinar we were joined by Sally Haughey, founder and CEO of Fairy Dust Teaching! Sally joined us to discuss how to create meaningful child led play experiences in early learning classrooms, and shared the essential strategies that educators need to know for designing engaging play invitations. She walked us through how we can identify children’s intent in their play, and how to identify their big ideas so we can support them in their journey of play and exploration. Sally also shared her expert tips and guiding resources for designing authentic and engaging play experiences for children. Keep reading to access the webinar recording and slides!
🎤Our Special Guest:
Sally Haughey – Founder & CEO of Fairy Dust Teaching!
Sally Haughey is the CEO and Founder of Fairy Dust Teaching. Fairy Dust Teaching is built on the passion for the wonder and magic of early childhood. They believe young children have the right to play, to be collaborators in learning, and to dream.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Sally!
- Children are born knowing HOW to play, and WONDER drives it.
- Play is what develops a child’s physical, emotional and mental growth
- Play that adults structure and monitor is not true play. It is structured play. Effective child led play means that children are in control of the content and intent of their play.
- Structured and guided play are play opportunities that are grounded in the ideas of the educator, not the children.
- We can facilitate play through play invitations and play provocations.
- The educators key role, is to listen deeply to the play that is happening.
- [Website] – Fairy Dust Teaching!
- [Instagram] – @wunderledteaching
- [Webinar] – Fairy Dust teaching: How to use play to encourage children’s learning
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Professional development made easy with HiMama Academy
HiMama Academy is a new self-paced, online professional development platform designed to elevate early childhood educators through a wide range of engaging, high-quality training courses.
Click this link HERE to get unlimited access to our library of IACET certified training courses and all HiMama Helps Webinars (with certificates!)