In this webinar we were joined by Jeron Bailey, principal ECE consultant and trainer! As a strategic ECE project manager and consultant, Jeron focuses primarily on improving retention and inclusive practices in childcare programming. Jeron joined us to share her expertise on how childcare centers can enhance the recruitment and retention of quality staff through culturally responsive practices. We discussed how to identify, create and implement culturally responsive recruitment, retention and evaluation at your childcare center. If you are looking to strengthen your team and increase your program quality, this webinar is for you! Keep reading to access the recording and the slides!
🎤Our Special Guest:
Jeron Bailey – Principal ECE consultant & trainer
Jeron Bailey is a Strategic ECE Project Manager and Consultant focusing on retention and inclusive practices in childcare programming. She has spent the past 10+ years supporting the Military’s children’s programs abroad and stateside in many roles, but most prominently as a training specialist. She’s originally from Chicago, IL where she received her Masters in ECE with ESL endorsements from the Erikson Institute. She enjoys creating cultures of quality through effective collaborations. Her passions for quality outcomes for ALL children led her to take a more executive and behind-the scenes role. But don’t worry, she will still be the first person to the carpet for the circle-time dance party!
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Jeron!
- The impacts of staff turnover are huge. It affects your revenue as you rehire and train, your educator morale, trust in your parent community and disrupts the learning for the children.
- SMAARTER goals are specific, measurable, achievable, accountable, relevant, time-bound, equitable, and are always available for review.
- Anti-racism strategies include:
- post and make accessible the wages for every level with qualifications
- hold conversations to bring awareness to racism at work and create genuinely safe spaces
- utilize diverse panels for hiring, decision making, programming directives and employee evaluations
- Transparent and systematic program evaluations that are accessible to all
- The key to retention is to make sure you reflect on your center and ask staff their honest opinions of the work environment. Review each response and redesign aspects of your center where needed. Reboot systems that need changes and monitor the results of changes that are made.
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Professional development made easy with HiMama Academy
HiMama Academy is a new self-paced, online professional development platform designed to elevate early childhood educators through a wide range of engaging, high-quality training courses.
Click this link HERE to get unlimited access to our library of IACET certified training courses and all HiMama Helps Webinars (with certificates!)