In this webinar we welcomed Mariana Carazo, educator and founder of Developing Minds! Mariana dove into the importance of play based learning and the 21st century skills that today’s children need. Mariana shared with us the philosophy of using loose parts to create open-ended experiences for children, and how these experiences support imagination and creativity. She walked us through how to get the most out of our curriculum, and make sure we are fostering a classroom environment where learning is visible through play. Mariana is a passionate educator who is on a mission to rethink education in the early years and she shared some amazing knowledge on how we can implement loose parts in a variety of learning opportunities. You do not want to miss this webinar!
🎤Our Special Guests:
Mariana Carazo, Educator and Founder of Developing Minds
Mariana holds a MA Degree from Columbia University in Curriculum and Teaching with a major in Gifted and Talented Education. She is a passionate and keen educator looking to re-think education through Play Based Learning and developmentally appropriate practices . She is also a curriculum designer and does content development within the educational industry. She has been an independent consultant for reading and handwriting companies for the past 14 years. She currently teaches her 6 year old daughter and her friends in her garage; making visible how learning can happen through a play based learning model meeting all learning standards.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Mariana!
- Play is the secret to making meaningful connections!
- Play is key for developmentally appropriate practice and is the vehicle for differentiated instruction.
- Our responsibility as educators is to make learning visible through play.
- To create a space that fosters quality play and learning, you need to know your curriculum, plan intentionally and follow the childrens’ lead and interests.
- Loose parts create open ended learning experiences, and it is our responsibility as educators to make learning visible through play.
- Presentation of your loose parts is key! Make the environment inviting and open-ended to encourage creativity.
- Open ended learning encourages educators to choose multiple materials for learning, and allows for learning experiences where all children can be successful.
- [Website] – Developing Minds
- [Instagram] – Connect with Mariana on instagram here!
- [Linktree] – Connect with Mariana via linktree here!
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!