In this webinar we welcomed Ellen Drolette, educator and Founder of Positive Spin, LLC! Ellen dove into the biggest factors that are impacting staff burnout today, and how to make lasting changes at our center. Ellen shared tips and strategies on how to identify your current workplace culture, and reflect on how your culture might be impacting your administrators and educators mental health and wellness. With self-reflection and open communication, Ellen taught us how to understand the unique challenges and needs of our centers and educators, and how to boost morale, motivation and joy at work.
🎤Our Special Guests:
Ellen Drolette, Educator and Founder of Positive Spin, LLC
Ellen brings over 28 years of experience in the early childhood field and has had many roles in the ECE profession, including owning a family childcare program, being a Global Leader with the World Forum Foundation, engaging as a past Board member of the National Association for Family Child Care, and authoring several articles for Exchange Magazine. Ellen is known widely for her commitment to children and families and was recognized as a Master Leader by Exchange Magazine in 2016. Her first book, Overcoming Teacher Burnout in Early Childhood: Strategies for Change, was published in 2018 by Redleaf Press and focuses on how early childhood professionals can battle burnout and low morale in the workplace.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Ellen!
- What is the definition of workplace culture, and how does our center culture impact the happiness and motivation of our employees.
- Energy is contagious, and when our most passionate employees become quiet, it is a signal that the work environment is fostering burnout.
- Encourage open dialogue with your colleagues and employees by asking them what makes them happy at work, and what they need to be successful.
- Use self reflection to help understand what drives you and what you need to make lasting changes at your center.
- Positive workplace culture will increase morale, wellness, dedication, and the quality of educators and administrators you attract.
- [Website] – Positive Spin, LLC!
- [Podcast] – Revisited: Overcoming Educator Burnout in Early Childhood Education
- [E-Book] – Overcoming Teacher Burnout in Early Childhood Education
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!