In this webinar we were welcomed by Prerna Richards, CEO and founder of Together We Grow! Prerna joined us for a conversation on 5 simple and effective strategies for building stronger connections with children. Prerna explored the difference between relationship-based and supervision based connections with children and how understanding this difference will reduce power struggles and defiance in the classroom. Keep reading to access the recording and slides!
🎤Our Special Guests:
Prerna Richards- CEO & Founder of Together We Grow!
Prerna Richards is a coach, consultant, trainer, and international speaker. She has been in the early childhood education field for the past 35 years. She started her consulting business 2 1/2 years ago called Together We Grow to provide professional development, coaching, and consulting for educators and individual families. Her educational philosophy is grounded in a play-based approach along with a strong social-emotional foundation. She is the winner of Susan Hargrave’s trainer of the year award from TXAEYC in 2020.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Prerna!
- Social emotional learning is the bridge between cognitive development and language development and is therefore critical in the early years
- Teaching social emotional learning starts with co-regulation and developing trust between educators and children
- Choices are powerful tools to help give children agency and power to their voice. When educators give children choices it tells that child, we trust you and your voice matters.
- Educating instead of policing in the classroom! Shift the view of the educators role from classroom management to supporting brain development.
- Focus on connecting before correcting to strengthen relationships with the children in your care.
- [Website] – Together We Grow
- [Instagram] – @togetherwegrow.online
- [Facebook] – Together We Grow!
- [LinkedIn] – Together We Grow
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Professional development made easy with HiMama Academy
HiMama Academy is a new self-paced, online professional development platform designed to elevate early childhood educators through a wide range of engaging, high-quality training courses.
Click this link HERE to get unlimited access to our library of IACET certified training courses and all HiMama Helps Webinars (with certificates!)