In this webinar we were joined by Prerna Richards president and CEO of Together We Grow! Prerna joined us for a discussion on how to transform challenging behaviors in the classroom. Prerna walked us through the 5 basic needs all children need to thrive, and the role we play as educators to ensure these needs are being met in the early years. She shared strategies on how to engage in intentional positive guidance and responsive interactions with young children, and how this will help foster relationships that are built on trust. She also walked us through how to manage stress and overwhelm in a busy environment. This is not a webinar you want to miss!
🎤Our Special Guests:
Prerna Richards- President and CEO of Together We Grow!
Prerna Richards is a coach, consultant, trainer, and international speaker. She has been in the early childhood education field for the past 35 years and started her consulting business two years ago called Together We Grow to provide professional development, coaching, and consulting for educators and individual families. Her educational philosophy is grounded in a play-based approach along with a strong social-emotional foundation. She is the winner of Susan Hargrave’s trainer of the year award from TXAEYC in 2020.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Prerna!
- Children have 5 basic needs that they need and deserve to thrive; to be seen, heard, understood, accepted and loved.
- Trust is key in fostering safe and nurturing relationships between child and adult.
- To provide intentional positive guidance to children, support them by describing the behavior, encourage them to label their emotions and ask for clarification when needed.
- In order to offer children responsive interactions, we need to be fully present with the child. We need to listen, respond, observe, and over correct their actions.
- In order to manage overwhelm and transform challenging behaviour, you need to prioritize your self care. Understand your triggers, have a plan to focus on responding instead of reacting, and practice breathing strategies.
- [Website] – Together We Grow!
- [Instagram] @togetherwegrow.online
- [Facebook] – Together We Grow
- [LinkedIn] – Prerna Richards with Together We Grow
- [Webinar] – 7 Classroom strategies to support emotional development in children
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!