In this webinar, we welcomed Madeleine Hutchison, RECE, Customer Advocacy Specialist, HiMama. Maddie dove into the importance of validating children’s emotions, what the consequences are if we are not, and how we can become more intentional with our responses to children’s emotions. She is also touched on ways to honor our own emotions so we can show up fully for children.
🎤Our Special Guest:
Maddie Hutchison, Customer Advocacy Specialist, HiMama
Maddie is a Registered Early Childhood Educator with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Child, Youth and Family Studies and holds a Masters degree in Early Childhood Studies. Maddie has worked as an Infant, Toddler, and Preschool educator and is passionate about advancing the rights of children, families, and educators in the childcare space. Maddie is now a Customer Advocacy Specialist at HiMama!
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Maddie
- Validation at its core means creating a space that allows children to safety feel.
- In this space, we learn to sit with our emotions, even if they feel uncomfortable.
- All feelings are valid.
- Validation is the most important tool for communication
- Validating their emotions sets the foundation for high emotional intelligence,
- Identifying and recognizing children’s emotions will help them build their emotional vocabulary
- Validating children’s emotions creates critical learning opportunities to model empathy, compassion, and coping skills.
- [Podcast] – Honoring Children’s Rights in the Classroom
- [Webinar] – Honoring Children’s Rights in the Early Childhood Classroom
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording, and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!