In this webinar, we chatted with Robin and Erin, Co-Founders of Scientific Mommy. Robin and Erin went into more detail on ways educators can support young children in becoming confident, compassionate, and content while building an understanding of how play supports learning. They also gave us great tips on ways educators can create learning opportunities that help fit the child’s developmental needs
🎤Our Special Guests!
Robin Neuhaus, Co-Founder of Scientific Mommy
Robin is in her final year of her PhD program at NYU where she studies how parenting and developmental psychology research is represented online. Before NYU, she worked in preschools and elementary schools in Madrid, Copenhagen, St. Louis, and New York City.
Erin O’Connor, Co-Founder of Scientific Mommy
Erin is a professor at NYU and holds a Doctorate in Human Development and Psychology from the Harvard Graduate School of Education, a Masters in Teaching from Fordham University, and a Masters in School Psychology from Columbia University. Erin teaches human development and education classes to pre-and in-service teachers in New York City schools.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Robin and Erin!
- When supporting children’s social-emotional learning, you help them become more self-aware, learn decision-making techniques, build relationship skills, manage emotions, and help them become more socially aware.
- You can use the R.U.L.E.R acronym to help support children’s social-emotional learning – Recognize, Understand, Label, Express, and Regulate.
- Programs that are effective in encouraging children to view their emotions as valid lead to children who have stronger skills in the future.
- Research has shown that children play more creatively when they have fewer toys around.
- Observe children and understand their area of development.
- Independent play can be scaffolded by educators.
- Conversations with educators during play are powerful drivers for learning.
- There is a huge gap in how much “number talk” toddlers hear.
Connect with Robin and Erin!
- Parent & Educator Workshops: https://www.scientificmommy.com/parent-teacher-workshops
- Parenting Understood Podcast: https://parentingunderstood.com/
- 5 Research-Backed Strategies to Encourage Independent Play: https://www.scientificmommy.com/post/5-research-backed-strategies-to-encourage-independent-play
- Test Educational Products with Rigor: https://www.scientificmommy.com/rigor
- Follow Scientific Mommy on Twitter, or Instagram
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording & 🎓 Certificate
Click below to get the slides, certificate and recording sent right to your inbox!
⭐Connect with us!
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!