In this webinar, we welcomed Dr. Lorea Martinez Perez, Founder of HEART in Mind Consulting. In this session, Dr. Lorea went through how emotions drive our attention and impact how we learn. She also talked about the importance of positive relationships and the impact they have on children’s development and gave us some great tips on ways to support children’s social and emotional growth.
🎤Our Special Guest!
Lorea Martinez, PhD
Dr. Lorea Martínez Pérez is the award-winning founder of HEART in Mind Consulting, a company dedicated to helping schools and organizations integrate Social Emotional Learning in their practices, products, and learning communities. An educator who has worked with children and adults internationally, Dr. Martínez is currently a faculty member at Columbia University Teachers College, educating aspiring principals in Emotional Intelligence. Previously, she was a special education teacher and administrator.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Lorea
- Emotions drive attention and influence our ability to process information.
- Emotions develop with maturity and experience.
- Childrens’ trauma and recurrent stress due to social issues, racism, poverty, or discrimination impact their ability to express and regulate emotions.
- Educators need to take the time to allow children’s emotions that they may bring to the classroom to be expressed.
- Relationships influence human development.
- Effective teachers cultivate positive relationships that positively impact children’s development.
- Teach with the HEART
- H-Honor your emotions
- E-Elect your responses
- A-Apply empathy
- R-Reignite your relationships
- T-Transform with purpose.
Connect with Lorea
- Check out her website: https://loreamartinez.com/
- Connect on Facebook
- Follow her on Twitter
- Check out her LinkedIn
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
⭐Connect with us!
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!