In this webinar we were joined by Blair Spence, director of Candy Factory Daycare, and Tirusha Dave, owner and director of Ellie’s Academy! Blair and Tirusha joined us for a panel discussion on their experience as leaders in the early childhood field and how they went from chaos to organization with a few simple strategies. Back to school is a busy time and you want to be able to focus on what matters most, supporting young children through challenging transitions. Keep reading to access the recording and slides, so you can learn how to get some time back this back- to-school season and focus your energy on what matters most!
🎤Our Special Guests:
Blair Spence – Supervisor at Candy Factory Daycare
My name is Blair Spence, I have been a child care supervisor for 12 years with 8 years as the Supervisor of The Candy Factory Day Care in Toronto, Ontario Canada. I graduated from the ECE program at Humber College in 1999. I am a strong believer in families as a part of the success of a child care program. Families make connections to the community, which allow our centre to thrive, and grow.
Tirusha Dave – Owner and Director of Ellie’s Academy
Tirusha Dave is a professional leader in early childhood education and childcare, and the Founder of Ellie’s Academy. As an early education advocate, Tirusha has appeared on MSNBC, USA Today, News12 NJ, and NJ.com, talking about the benefits of early childhood education, especially during the public health emergency. She has earned her B.A. degree at Rider University and her MBA, at William Paterson University. Tirusha has always believed that children learn best when the learning environment is designed to meet the developmental needs of each child, and one which fosters exploration, creativity and independence. She is committed to creating a strong, educational program, and high community-engagement within her community.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Blair & Tirusha!
- Delegate small tasks to staff to ease the load on your plate, such as the creation of a center event calendar.
- Start a parent partnership group where parents play an active role in planning and executing center events.
- Give educators agency over communication with parents. This will streamline communication and help alleviate the stress of messages having to be passed between multiple people.
- Go digital! Getting rid of mounds of paperwork and keeping track of all records and communication in one spot has saved both Blair and Tirusha hours of work.
- Send mass messages! Try to send one message to all your families at the same time if you can. Using an app like HiMama helps them do this in the click of a button!
- Use spreadsheets to track children entering, moving within, and leaving the center. This will help keep all movement and open spots in one clean location, and can help automatically track the numbers in each room and then upcoming amount of spots you will have available!
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below! Please note: only participants who attended the live session receive a certificate of participation. It’s up to each individual to verify whether the certificates will be accepted in their region.
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Professional development made easy with HiMama Academy
HiMama Academy is a new self-paced, online professional development platform designed to elevate early childhood educators through a wide range of engaging, high-quality training courses.
Click this link HERE to get unlimited access to our library of IACET certified training courses and all HiMama Helps Webinars (with certificates!)