In this webinar, we welcomed Carla Ward, Early Childhood Educator and Owner of Early Learning Foundations. Carla gave us the 5 Ws of Loose Parts and highlighted the #1 mistake educators make during play to help educators become more successful. Carla also touched on how important the role of the educators is, how to make an intentional environment, and teaching tips on how to trust the loose parts process
🎤Our Special Guest!
Carla Ward, Owner of Early Learning Foundation
Carla is an Early Childhood and Wonder-Based Educator from Mississauga, Ontario. She is the owner of Early Learning Foundations, an education company, and the host of The Everything ECE Podcast. When she’s not teaching or presenting, Carla enjoys spending time with her furbabies and husband, usually while drinking a latte.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Carla
- Who are loose parts intended for? Everyone! Loose parts considers a variety of textures, colors, scents, and developmentally appropriate materials within the classroom.
- Where and When do we use loose parts? Everywhere! You can use loose parts throughout different areas of the classroom to spark creativity and open imagination.
- What can I use for loose parts? Get outside — simple items like pine cones, acorns sticks are a great place to start. You can also ask families to donate bottle caps, buttons, or drawer knobs. Finally, you can get out in the community — ask for floor samples or paint chips from your local hardware store.
- Why use loose parts? Loose parts pave the way for innovative thinking.
- [Webinar] – The Science of Playful Learning
- [Webinar] – Fairy Dust Teaching: How to Use Play To Encourage Children’s Learning
Connect with Caral
- [Website] – Early Learning Foundations
- Follow her on Instagram or Facebook
- [Podcast] – Listen to Carla’s podcast on Anchor or Spotify
- [Article] – Stewardship of Play
- [Article] – How NOT to Cheat Children: The Theory of Loose Parts
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording & 🎓 Certificate
Click below to get the slides, certificate and recording sent right to your inbox!
⭐Connect with us!
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!