In this webinar, we chatted with the founders of Play to Grow, Stephanie Gomes and Dianna McGregor. Stephanie and Dianna dove into ways educators and parents can help prepare children for kindergarten with their R.E.A.D.Y guide and workbook.
🎤Our Special Guests!
Stephanie Gomes, Co-Founder of Play to Grow
Stephanie is a Registered Early Childhood Educator. She attended both Humber and Fanshawe College to pursue Early Childhood Education with a strong emphasis and interest in curriculum design and the importance of play. She has always had an ambitious attitude and from a young age wanted to serve and help others, and later co-founded Play to Grow as a means of providing live virtual experiences in lieu of traditional learning amidst the ongoing pandemic.
Dianna McGregor, Co-Founder of Play to Grow
Dianna is a Registered Early Childhood Educator and has many years of experience. She is a graduate of Humber College, and most recently earned her BASc (Hons) in June of 2020 from the University of Guelph-Humber. Due to the recent ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Dianna co-founded Play to Grow, a virtual learning environment for children ages 2-6 years.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Dianna and Stephanie!
- R = Regulation. Children start developing these skills very early and look to educators and caregivers for guidance.
- E = Expectation. Children are naturally eager to learn and explore their environment.
- A = Adaptability. Adaptability is a crucial life skill, and it’s important to equip children with this ability.
- D = Dependency. Children will grow out of dependence naturally and independence take practice and continued opportunity.
- Y = You. Prepare for a flood of different emotions for yourself and your child.
- Connect with Stephanie and Dianna on Instagram, Facebook, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your copy of the R.E.A.D.Y workbook!
- [Podcast] – Implementing Virtual Learning in a COVID World
- [Webinar] – Implementing Virtual Learning – Tips from the Front Lines
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
⭐Connect with us!
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!