In this webinar, our in-house early learning specialist Ria Simon, went through some of the changes that have been brought on by Bill 39 to Childcare centres across Alberta, and how HiMama is here to help support all these changes!
🎤 Your Host
🧪 Key Learning Outcomes
- The key changes are to:
- Modernize child care – Centres can now keep digital records, allowing for more time with the children. Also, an update of the language used in the regulations while creating a more modern system.
- Increase quality and safety for centres – Setting mandatory expectations for quality and safety through ensuring set checks by licensing. Centres can expect a new “risk-based” licensing approach as part of their ongoing assessment.
- Create more transparency for parents – Centres will be required to post any changes to their license for families. Children’s services will be able to notify parents of stop-orders, and the province is launching an online tool to help families make more informed decisions on the child care choices.
- Help reduce unnecessary red tape for centres – Centres can look for more support and streamline the application process as they seek their license. There has also been a reduction of program types to cut unnecessary paperwork.
- Offer more flexibility for families – Centres can now get licensed for 24-hour care with additional standards. There is also changes to the mix of age groups to allow for flexibility and adaption during COVID-19
- Standards for family day home agencies – Set standards could be set for agencies
- Looking at going paperless?? Here are 8 easy steps that can help you!
- Know what information you want to go digital with!
- Collect up to date emails and phone numbers from families
- Chose a child care app that best fits your needs
- Tell your parents about the upcoming changes
- Understand the devices you’ll need
- Get all the staff trained on the new program
- Stick with it!
- Collect feedback from parents and staff
📘Want to Learn more about HiMama?!
😊 Yes, you do, of course, you want a great deal too! So check out our SPECIAL OFFER for Alberta here!
- [Webinar] 8 Easy Steps to Going Digital at Your Center
- [Blog] Childcare is changing with Alberta’s Bill 39: What you need to know
- [Blog] Taking child care forms digital in 2021
🖥️ Watch Recording & 🎓 Certificate
Click below to get the slides, certificate and recording sent right to your inbox!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience and don’t forget to follow us on Social media
📆 What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!