In this webinar, we were joined by Chazz Lewis (AKA Mr. Chazz) to chat about leadership-based teaching in the classroom and supporting parents with virtual learning during the pandemic.
🎤 Our Special Guest
Chazz envisions a world where Teachers, Parents, and Students wake up every day inspired to learn. I am committed to helping Parents and Teachers develop their children in a way that is less frustrating and more enjoyable/effective for everyone. He helps turn interactions from war to peace. I help you turn power struggles to cooperative independence. Chazz translates the child’s language in a way that any adult can understand. His mission is for you to be able to SEE, GUIDE, and TRUST your children effectively. “I believe the journey of growth can be enjoyable and I commit to helping you enjoy the process!”
🧪 Key Learning Outcomes
- Be aware of the emotions of the children right now and create experiences for them, let them be out in the rain, and jump in the puddles, and play the floor is lava (safely)!
- Replace screen time with sensory play and get them outside as much as possible!
- Plant the seed to help children visualize what will happen next. Use a visual timer for virtual classes to help children anticipate transitions.
- Be real and validate how the children feel.
- Fidget toys can help children focus and self regulate. Especially those who are doing virtual learning.
✨Resources and connect with Chazz
- Mr.Chazz Leadership, parenting and teaching podcast
- Chazz’s Counselling site
- Tiktok – Tickteachtok
- Instagram – @mrchazz
- Facebook – MrChazz MrChazz
- [Webinar] Growing your ECE community
- [Webinar] Tips for Working Through Anxiety in ECE
- [Podcast] How To Create Fun Learning Experience For Young Children – Featuring Chazz Lewis
Lucinda – On those days when you are feeling down think of one positive thing. One simple thing that puts a smile on your face. You might have to dig deep to find it but it is there.
Elena – We call parents, often encourage them to send us the picture of children participating in daily activities that we post on Facebook. We also ask parents to send us a picture of the process of children coloring, reading, listening to music, and playing outside.
Rose – The children here are doing very well! The COVID experience is different but we are working together and learning in a new way.
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications. Book a consultation with us today to learn how we can support your child care center during this time.
Photo Source: New York College