In this webinar, we chatted with the founders of Play to Grow, Stephanie Gomes, and Dianna McGregor about how they launched their virtual learning platform, what challenges and benefits they’ve seen and how to foster learning and development through virtual learning.
🎤 Our Special Guests
Stephanie Gomes is a Registered Early Childhood Educator who has worked in the early years sector for 5+ years. She attended both Humber and Fanshawe College to pursue Early Childhood Education with a strong emphasis and interest in curriculum design and the importance of play. Stephanie has always had an ambitious attitude and from a young age wanted to serve and help others; shortly into her adult-life, she dove head-first into Early Childhood Education and later co-founded Play to Grow as a means of providing live virtual experiences in lieu of traditional learning amidst the on-going pandemic.
Dianna McGregor is an RECE currently working in the childcare realm of the early childhood education sector. She has many years of experience working with children in the early years, including working for the City of Mississauga in the recreation department as a Preschool Instructor. Dianna is a graduate from Humber College, and most recently earned her BASc (Hons) in June of 2020 from the University of Guelph-Humber. Due to the recent ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Dianna co-founded Play to Grow, a virtual learning environment for children ages 2-6.
🧪 Key Learning Outcomes
- Show up…make the most of your time with the children, and their families. They need it!
- Go in with the mindset of an explorer, venture out of your comfort zone.
- Give each other virtual hugs! Children love it!
- Have educators, families, or directors resistant to tech? Address the concerns, find out WHY they’re hesitant, and help them overcome it.
- Tech is here to stay! Equipping children with the skills to use tech even at a young age will set them up for success later in life!
- Children love consistency, keep this theme in your virtual learning too!
- Chat with the families to learn about their children’s interests!
- Ask your community for help with tech- lots of Facebook groups can help support you behind the scenes!
- Ask for feedback from your families! Feedback is important to improve and aid in being successful.
- Don’t mute the children, give them the time and space to express themselves emotionally (virtually and in the class!)
- Connect with Stephanie and Dinna on Instagram
- Check out their “Continue the learning Kit“
- [Podcast] – Implementing Virtual Learning in a COVID World
- [Webinar] – How to Run a Distance Learning Program
- [Webinar] – How to Run a Virtual Circle Time
Join our Facebook Group, Circle Time for Early Childhood Educators!
Don’t miss out and register with our Facebook group to connect with a community of like-minded educators, share ideas, and get support from early childhood professionals.
Sign up here!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience and don’t forget to follow us on Social media
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
📆 What’s Next?
Don’t miss out on our next webinar, and register today!
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!