In this webinar, we chatted with CEO and founder of Seed and Sew LLC, Alyssa Blask Campbell about managing emotional intelligence during the pandemic. Alyssa gave us some great tips and techniques to use during those frustrating times and how to be mindful during the difficult moments.
🎤 Our Special Guest
Alyssa Blask Campbell, has an M.Ed. in Early Childhood, is a leading expert in emotional development speaking to people around the world, podcast host for Voices of Your Village in over 90 countries, and CEO of Seed & Sew LLC. Alyssa was featured as an emotional development expert in publications such as The Washington Post, Kids VT, and Family Education. After co-creating the Collaborative Emotion Processing (CEP) method with Lauren Stauble, she researched it across the U.S. and co-authored a book on it (scheduled for publication in 2021). Alyssa is deeply passionate about building emotional intelligence in children, stating, “It’s never too early or too late to start.” Alyssa’s show up as you are approach welcomes people into her village to get support at all ages and stages, shame-free. Her company, Seed & Sew serves people across the globe through speaking, consulting, online courses, and podcasting, with tools to build emotional intelligence. For more information, check out seedandsew.org and follow along on social media @seed.and.sew.
🧪 Key Learning Outcomes
- Determine YOUR needs to ensure how you can show up as the most regulated human
- Remember, children will mirror your emotions. Make sure you’re regulated as an adult first and BRING the calm to them
- Self-care can be about going to the bathroom without a kid on your body, setting boundaries with yourself and your kids, drinking water!! Self-care can be small but very powerful
- To help children transition back to the center, use visual aids, and allowing children to have hard emotions when they do arrive back
- Allow children to feel their feelings and don’t rush them out of it
- Hold space for them to know it’s okay to feel the way they feel
- Movement is huge for children (and adults!)
- Connect with Alyssa on Facebook or Instagram
- Check out Alyssa’s website: Seed and Sew
- [Podcast] – How to adopt a lasting change to support children’s emotional intelligence
- [Webinar] – COVID-19 and young children’s health
- [Webinar] – Challenging behavior & COVID-19
Join our Facebook Group, Circle Time for Early Childhood Educators!
Don’t miss out and register with our Facebook group to connect with a community of like-minded educators, share ideas, and get support from early childhood professionals.
Sign up here!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
📆 What’s Next?
Don’t miss out on our next webinar, and register today!
The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications. Book a consultation with us today to learn how we can support your child care center during this time.