In this webinar, we welcomed Renee Pena Lopez, Early Childhood Intervention Specialist, The Magic of Littles. Renee dove into the importance of play and how to support children with their behavior as they learn to interact with their peers. Renee also gave some great tips on how to make time your friend and ways to support a growth mindset in young children.
🎤Our Special Guest!
Renee Pena Lopez, Early Childhood Intervention Specialist, The Magic of Littles
Renee Pena Lopez is an Early Childhood Intervention Specialist and a proud Native New Yorker. She is a licensed special education early childhood teacher who has a passion for quirky learners such as herself. Renee attended Bard College for her B.A. in Dance and Integrated Arts (Video and Arts Education). While on her journey, she fell in love with Early Childhood working at an enrichment school, where the director took a chance on her and suggested she go into the field. She decided to attend Mercy College for (Birth-6th with Student with Disabilities). Now, Renee pulls from her creative background in dance and her vast experience in an array of classrooms from museums to progressive spaces to play-based models. She is also a Mama of a quirky and lovely 5 year old who works with teachers of Littles to help them make sense of their Littles play by finding the magic that makes them shine. Together, we Rethink Interventions! You can find her at www.themagicoflittles.com or. @themagicoflittles on IG.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Renee
- Children are easily overwhelmed, so take a moment to think about what you are asking when interrupting play.
- Play is not linear for children
- Take time to connect with children; this can be done through getting down to their level and playing with them.
- Helping to promote a growth mindset in young children is not easy; use language as support.
- Fair is not what is now equal but what is needed, be transparent with children on what they need.
- [Podcast] – Creating a Supportive and Inclusive Environment for Children in Your Classroom
- [Blog] – How to Facilitate Risky Play in The Classroom
- Connect with Renee and check out her website: www.themagicoflittles.com/
- Follow her on Instagram: @themagicoflittles
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience and don’t forget to follow us on Social media Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!