In this webinar, we welcomed Madeleine Hutchison, RECE, MA Early Childhood Studies. Maddie discussed how honoring and empowering children’s rights in early childhood education and care is crucial in providing a healthy development in the first 5 years of life. Maddie provides our audience with tips on how to create a rights-respecting environment and ways to empower children in the classroom.
🎤Our Special Guest!
Madeleine Hutchison, BASc Child, Youth & Family
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Madeleine
Children’s four core rights as outlined in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of The Child
• Article 2: Right to Non- Discrimination
• Article 3: Best Interests of The Child
• Article 6: The Right to Survival and Development
• Article 12: The right to form and express their views freely in all matters affecting the child
How to create a rights-respecting environment in the classroom
• Rights Respecting Language
• Child participation in decision making
• Model consent
• Respect bodily autonomy
• Child-led learning
• “Can I pick you up?”
• “I have to move your body because….”
• “Can I take a photo of your artwork?”
• Teach simple words like “no” & “stop” and demonstrate active listening to these words
• Teach children to ask permission and never force a child to hug, kiss or touch anybody
- [Instagram Accounts] – Sex Positive Families and Consent Parenting
- [Books] –
“I have the Right to Be A Child” – Alain Serres
“Peaceful Fights for Equal Rights” – Rob Sanders
“Say Something” – Peter H. Reynolds
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience and don’t forget to follow us on Social media Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Hello, I attended the Zoom workshop on Children’s Rights on July 29, 2021 and don’t know how to get my certificate. I am a ECE teacher, not a director or owner. Could you help me please?
I also didn’t receive a certificate for the Children’s Rights webinar.
I have also resent your certificate 🙂
I resent you your certificate 🙂
Hi Ria I also attended the July webinar and have tried several times to get my certificate I am not able to access it. I dont mind screen shoting my notes to show that I was on if you wish. I actually never thought of reaching out to you until I saw these gals emails to you. Any help is appreciated Thank you Alice