In this session, we were joined by Stacey Band, Parent Coach and Founder of Home Day Hero. Stacey talked about the starting points for writing, and children using their hands. She went into how tactile experiences help grow a child’s functions of their hands and coordination and how educators can create experiences to help build a foundation for learning.
🎤Our Special Guest!
Stacey Band holds a Bachelor of Science in Child Development, a Master Degree in Public Administration from a School of Education, and is an AMS certified Montessori Teacher. She has more than 12 years of experience working with children in various capacities and through her work with Home Day Hero, a parent coaching company, Stacey is proud to offer a variety of support services aimed to enhance the lives of families. Through thoughtful and meaningful support, Stacey provides parents and caregivers with resources that further their children’s success at home and school. In her spare time, she loves spending time with her two young children and her college sweetheart, going on nature walks, and creating cooking and art projects.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Stacey
- There are 3 types of activities that can encourage hand strengthening: Sensory based and art-related activities, any activity that requires hand-eye coordination, and everyday life experiences.
- If you want to get your children using their hands then dive into activities like Playdough, sand play, painting, drawing with chalk, and using child-safe scissors.
- Sensory-based activities are an awesome option for helping children build independence, and create something of their own.
- It’s important to provide hand-eye coordination activities so children can have open-ended play, use both their hands and develop bilateral coordination.
- When just starting out, observe the child and see where they are at. Then identify what their strengths are, and build on them. From there pair strength with a challenge and help the child take their skills to the next level.
- [Webinar] – Building Independence at Home
- [Podcast] – Power Struggles with Young Children
Connect with Stacey
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.homedayhero.com
- Create your own journey with Home Day Hero: http://www.linktr.ee/homedayhero
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience and don’t forget to follow us on Social media Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!