In this webinar, we welcomed Sally Haughey, CEO, and Founder of Fairy Dust Teaching. Sally shared her story on how Fairy Dust Teaching came to be, and how important the power of play is for children’s learning. Sally left us inspired as we reflected on our teaching practice and gave us the reminder that children are born knowing how to play, and wonder drives it!
🎤Our Special Guest!
Sally Haughey, CEO, and Founder of Fairy Dust Teaching.
Sally Haughey is the CEO and Founder of Fairy Dust Teaching. Fairy Dust Teaching is built on the passion for the wonder and magic of early childhood. They believe young children have the right to play, to be collaborators in learning, and to dream.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Sally
- All children are wired for play, and it’s inherent in human nature.
- Wonder, interest, and curiosity sparks play and drives development in children.
- Play is what develops a child’s physical, emotional and mental growth.
- Both structured and guided play are opportunities that are grounded in the ideas of the educator or a toy itself, not the children.
- To help the children to facilitate play, educators need to get up underneath the children’s play urgers and support their motivations.
- Children need support with learning and growth through their play with invitations and provocations.
- [Podcast] – The Undeniable Power of Play and Wonder in Learning
- Connect with Sally Check out her website Fairy Dust Teaching
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
⭐Connect with us!
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!