In this webinar, we welcomed Anisha Angella, Owner and Founder of Anisha Angella Books and Consulting. Anisha dove in deep to give us a better understanding of the importance of communication and the impacts it can make. She dissected what communication is, the different types we use today and the new era that we’ve entered. Anisha also gave us some great tips and techniques that can be used both in the classroom and at home.
🎤Our Special Guest!
Anisha Angella, RECE, BASc
Anisha Angella is a childcare consultant, coach, and professional facilitator from Toronto, Canada. With over 15 years of experience in the field, Anisha has played many roles in the world of early education such as childcare supervisor, online early education professor, and senior corporate childcare leader. Anisha is passionate about all things early childhood, educator empowerment, training, and community building.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Anisha
- Communication is simply the act of transferring information from one place, person, or group to another.
- It involves 3 things: Sender, message, and recipient.
- We need to view communication based on its complexity, it isn’t just about getting a message out.
- Once we understand all the parts, our communication becomes more impactful.
- There are many types of communication: Verbal, written, non-verbal, and visuals.
- In early childhood programs, we need to tap into different types.
- Tips for Effective Communication are to engage in active listening and listening to understand not respond.
- Be aware of non-verbal communication; it can be an indicator of tone and messaging.
- Tap into your feelings before delivering your message.
- Focus on clarity, and be aware of biases or judgments.
- Be mindful of cultural differences and practices. Take the time to learn more.
- Be empathic!
✨Resources[Podcast] – Overcoming Educator Burnout and Rediscovering your Passion for Education.
Connect with Anisha
- Check out her website:https://www.anishaangellabooks.ca/
- Connect with Anisha on Facebook, or Instagram
- Follow her on Twitter and Youtube
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience and don’t forget to follow us on Social media Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
To learn more about different early childhood education curricula and programming approaches available and the influences that have shaped the field into what it is today, check out our post on the history of early childhood education.
How can I get recording from this presentation?
Hi Rose Marie,
You can access the recording for the download button within the post. From there the recording, slides and certificate will be sent to your email 🙂 Enjoy!
Hi Ria, I have been trying to access the Effective Communication in Early Childhood Education webinar but it is not opening. Not sure what is happening. you can reach me at email@example.com
Hi, I have been trying to access this webinar multiple times but I have not received anything to my email. I checked my spam folder as well. Please help