In this webinar, we welcomed Kennen Hutchison, Virologist, Educator, and Science Communicator. Kennen dove into why hands-on projects are important for enhancing learning and sparking creativity in young children. He also gave us teaching tips on how to build engaging projects and how to go above and beyond a textbook to inspire children.
🎤Our Special Guest!
Kennen Hutchison, Founder of Science with Kennen
Kennen Hutchison is an internationally recognized scientist, educator, and entrepreneur. Classically trained as a microbiologist, he has transitioned his knowledge of science and communication to the classroom. He teaches the wonders of science and helps other educators enhance their science curriculum. When not actively doing research or teaching classrooms, Kennen can be found online working as a science communicator through a variety of outlets including MTV News, The King of Random, and his own company Science with Kennen.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Kennen
- There are three most important parts to hands-on learning.
- Tactical: Children need to be involved in moving, touching, and manipulating objects.
- Immersive: Allow for a child’s mindset to shift into the situation.
- Experiential: Create a unique experience for a child that is linked to the lesson.
- Hands-on Learning strengthens content connections, empowers critical thinking, and simultaneously teaches real-world skills to children.
- Never become so focused on core content that you dismiss or exclude student curiosity.
- Encourage children to develop personal projects that will take them down a rabbit hole.
- [Podcast] – How to Create Fun Learning Experiences for Young Children
- [Webinar] – COVID-19 Vaccines and Child Care Policies
Connect with Kennen!
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience and don’t forget to follow us on Social media Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Hands on Learning is valuable in the early childcare setting and slipping away from many of our schools. Creating Hands on Learning Curriculum at your Center by Kennan Hutchinson will surely bless the profession with knowledge to keep students and teachers proactive in the process.