In this webinar, we welcomed Rose Marie Griffin, a Speech-Language Pathologist at ABA Speech. Rose shared 5 strategies that parents and educators can use to help make their environment fun while supporting the communication growth of their children.
🎤Our Special Guest!
Rose Marie Griffin, Speech-Language Pathologist, ABA Speech
Rose Marie Griffin, MA, CCC/SLP BCBA, is an ASHA certified Speech-Language Pathologist, Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Podcast Host, and Product Developer. She divides her time between a public school and her own private practice – ABA SPEECH. She is passionate about helping individuals with autism find their voice and become more independent communicators. Rose loves sharing information through her weekly podcast – Autism Outreach and is also an invited speaker at the local and national levels.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Rose
- Create a fun atmosphere. Simply using the things your child loves from books to bubbles educators and parents can engage in parallel play and model statements for children.
- Observation is key! By asking yourself questions like “What does your child like to play with?” or “How are they communicating?” will help you discover ways to engage with them as they play.
- Engage in shared activities. Take time to read books together, sing songs, and play with toys, even if your child gets up and leaves.
- Be a play partner! Allow your child to play and expose your child to new toys but don’t force engagement. It will come with time and growth.
- Remain Flexible! Don’t get discouraged and seek professional help for support when things don’t seem right.
- [Podcast] – 5 Strategies to Embed When Supporting Communication For Children with Autism or Language Delays
- Connect with Rose! Check out her website ABA Speech
- Check out Rose’s Podcast – Autism Outreach
- Check out Rose’s free webinar in September: Autism Strategies for Toddlers and Preschool-Aged Students
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience and don’t forget to follow us on Social media Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Hi there! Thanks for the feedback 🙂