In this webinar, we welcomed Dr. Regina Rees from Tools for Life. Dr. Rees talked about new ways to share stories with children and gave out techniques to make your storytelling fun and engaging. Dr. Rees also touched on the importance of making connections between stories and social-emotional learning while encouraging children to become active participants in their literacy experience.
🎤Our Special Guest:
Dr. Regina Rees, Sr. Training and Development Consultant, Tools For life
Dr. Regina Rees has been a teacher and literacy specialist for over 40 years and a storyteller for 35 years. Regina joined Tools for Life in 2016, where she serves as Senior Training and Development Consultant. In addition to her work as an associate professor at the Beeghly College of Education, Youngstown State University, she has presented seminars at many local, state, and national educational conferences. As a storyteller, Regina has presented programs and workshops at schools, conferences, and community events. Her work with Tools for Life includes developing curriculum material and providing numerous training sessions in Canada and the United States. Regina believes that integrating stories into all areas of the curriculum motivates children and enhances learning. Storytime should be a vital part of the day with children.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from Dr. Rees
- We want to encourage children to respond to literature and use their imagination.
- Let children talk! It will build their confidence and connect them with their social-emotional skills.
- When children make up their own stories, they are learning accumulative literature
- Through storytelling, children will be practicing listening, sequencing, memory, and language.
- [Podcast] – Tools to Manage Social Stress in the Early Years
- [Webinar] – Energizing Storytime with Children
- Connect with Tools for Life [Website] – Tools for Life
- Magic in the Pumpkin Patch handout for this session
- Books Dr. Rees spoke about during her session:
- The Lonely Scarecrow by Tim Preston
- The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid Of Anything by Linda Williams
- The Seesaw by Judith Koppens & Eline Van Lindenhuizen
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar — register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
Magic in the Pumpkin Patch handout for this session
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!