In this webinar, we were joined by Amanda Hatfield, Owner, and Director of Pocket Full of Posies. Amanda shared her experience of how she went from pen and paper to using HiMama within her center to communicate with parents, track children’s development and fill the void during COVID-19.
🎤 Our Special Guest
I’m an Early Childhood Educatorteacher turned administrator. I began teaching at Pockets Full of Posies, a Portland-based Reggio and RIE-inspired Infant-Preschool Program, in 2007! I purchased Posies in July of 2019, and am working, like so many of us, to adapt to the new landscape of the field. I am a mother to one, but consider Posies to be a part of my family as well. My program is student and teacher-driven, and I’m constantly endeavoring to best meet the health, safety, and developmental needs of the kids, and the teachers, in our program
Check out Amanda in her last webinar with us: COVID-19 Survival Tips for ECE Leaders
🧪 Key Learning Outcomes
- She was hesitant to become reliant on tech, and lose time for connection in the classroom…but that all changed!
- Amanda picked HiMama because it ticked all the boxes!
- Parent communication and families are a huge part of how we work here, so to give parents the option to help convey extra information at drop off, while being safe.
- HiMama gives families that snapshot for them to feel apart of the classroom when they can’t physically be in it.
- “I’ll never go back. I’m hooked. I’ve also had love letters from families requesting we keep it.”
- When it comes to being apprehensive decide what is important to you, and why, and hold those boundaries, but be flexible to best meet the needs of this new time we’re working in.
- “I didn’t think I’d ever opt for a tech option, but it has been one of the best decisions I’ve made to help acclimate to all these new needs.“
- [Blog] Taking Child Care Forms Digital in 2021
- [Blog] How to Add digital Parent Communication to your Child Care Center in 2021
- [Blog] 5 Reasons to Go Digital with Child Care Forms
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience and don’t forget to follow us on Social media
Links to Instagram and Facebook
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
📆 What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Are you the instructor of this webinar Amanda?